Sew Make Time!

This is oftentimes hard to do and if you're like me, you sometimes reach a point where you just need to sew. I seem to get more sewing done after 11pm then at any other time....

05 April 2008

Here it is. The first post to my blog.

Here's the thoughts going through my head right now: "Aren't I too old to write a blog?" "Isn't this a 'thing' for 20-somethings?" "Who will ever read this entry?"

Rather than try to find answers to my questions, I'm just going to jump in and start.

I like to sew. Sewing is a stress reliever from the corporate world. It's in the corporate world where I earn the funds to indulge the desire to sew.

I like to buy fabric. I have a stash. Amy Butler, Valori Wells, Anna Marie Horner, Denyse Schmidt, Heather Bailey are all well represented. It isn't a question of whether or not I'll purchase fabric when they release a new line---it's just a matter of how much.

I like to read. So, of course, I like to read sewing related magazines. I'm now a subscriber to Threads, American Patchwork and Quilting, Quilting Arts, Cloth Paper Scissors. I also read Quilters Home, Sew Stylish and Quilts and More. I more than likely need to spend less time reading and more time sewing---my knowledge of sewing is much more advanced than my actual experience!

The most used item I've sewn in the past year? Fabric shopping bags. I followed a tutorial on craftster.org to create the bags using a plastic bag as the pattern. They're beautiful, functional and provide a good example to our children to do the "small things" to help the environment. I travel to Mumbai, India next month (corporate world funded) and I plan to make one for each of my team members located there---using red, white and blue patriotic fabric---as a gift from the United States.

So it appears I'm ready to press the 'publish post' button and post the first entry to my blog. Here I go.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah C said...

Congratulations on your first blog entry. I look forward to reading more when you get up the courage/time. I have been bloggin since Jan and I have found it rather addictive.
I look forward to seeing what you are making for the Sassy Apron Swap on the flickr group later in June.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Lonie said...

Hi Shari. Congrats on taking the plunge to start your blog. I hope you will post again, though? I found your site through the sassy apron swap and would love to see some of your creations.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home