Sew Make Time!

This is oftentimes hard to do and if you're like me, you sometimes reach a point where you just need to sew. I seem to get more sewing done after 11pm then at any other time....

06 July 2008

Sometimes I remember to take a photo...

I created this blog because I joined the Sassy Apron Swap and they requested a blog. Of course I promptly managed not to create another post. I've now joined another swap, We the People Swap (tote bag), so another entry seems in order. They say it takes 21 days to develop a habit so if I join 20 more swaps in the next few weeks I may get in the habit of creating a blog entry on a more frequent basis.


For your viewing pleasure I'm posting several pictures of past projects. First, a few gifts for teachers using a pattern called String Along. A quick easy pattern for a back pack type of tote that I've used at least 10 times for gifts. Valori Wells fabric.



Next, an apron for an apron swap. It was difficult to mail this one away! Another use of Valori Wells fabric. You cannot see in the picture but I also pieced a strip of the striped fabric to the edges and turned under. I'm thinking it might be time for a dress form rather than using our bar stools.




Last, the Amy Butler Stash and Dash Bag pattern using what else? Valori Wells fabric. This was a gift for one of my employees in Mumbai who decided to leave the workforce.






A few other projects in the past year that I didn't take pictures of.....Sassy Apron Swap apron (maybe Shannon will post a picture on her blog), Christmas gifts for my employees (notebooks that I created ala Joelle Haverson's Last Minute Patchwork Gifts with scraps of fabrics in their favorite color), Amy Butler Cabo Halter pattern (sewed once in small (too small for me!) with Amy Butler Lotus fabric and once in medium with Valori Wells Sole fabric).

This past weekend I enjoyed the opportunity to sew an apron for me using the Emmaline Apron pattern from Sew Liberted and Amy Butler Midwest Modern fabric. I need to snap a photo----will get to that later this week.

Next up will be another Cabo Halter, a tote bag for the swap, a few grocery totes, Amy Butler's Blue Sky Hat and Barcelona Skirt...and I didn't even mention quilting projects.

I think I'll try to give back a little and create a pattern or tutorial for the grocery tote (it's a fabric replica of a plastic grocery sack) that I can post on this blog. It's a great gift to give---so practical---you can use up your stash (especially that fabric that you wonder why you purchased)---and you turn heads at every store where you use them.

Time to go sew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home