Sew Make Time!

This is oftentimes hard to do and if you're like me, you sometimes reach a point where you just need to sew. I seem to get more sewing done after 11pm then at any other time....

29 December 2008

On the edge...

Or should I say the selvedge? For the past several months I've been admiring a number of projects using the selvdge from fabric yardage. Jodie at Ric-Rac has a large number of projects to admire: a handbag, a scarf and yes, and an entire dress!

Two weeks ago I purchased the Sew Hip magazine from my local Barnes and Noble which included an advertisement for a small Etsy-based shop featuring pin cushions crafted from selvedges. This past week I then purchased the new issue of Quiltmaker and there to my surprise was a how-to from the shop owner Manda McGrory (who just happened to be the editor of SewHip until she resigned this month).

It just seemed like too much concidence for me so here's my result.



I modified the instructions slightly, of course. If I make another I am planning to insert a piece of Peltex into the cup to have it hold its shape too.
I think it might be time to go for that scarf.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

Hi Shari! I love that selvage pin cushion - I sent a bag of selvages over to Tracey, I can't wait to see what she uses them for!
And Manda has resigned from sew hip? How come I'm in the UK and I have no clue about anything? ha ha! I wonder how the magazine will change under a new editor?

Ok - email me about the FQ swap katyejones@hotmail.com, I need your address and your likes/dislikes plus whether you want a local or international partner. Thanks! I'm so happy to have you on board. Oh, also - one of my kidlets has been STOLEN by my daughter, who uses it in her room to keep her nintendo games in. And the other one (still mine - thankfully) is holding ribbon and trim - so useful!

6:14 AM  
Blogger jacquie said...

shari, you're in for project improv! could you drop me your email addy as soon as you can.
thanks,
jacquie

8:31 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

I love that pin cushion. I have been trying to find some instruction on how to make one. I will have to go in search of that magazine. Thanks for the inspiration.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home