Sew Make Time!

This is oftentimes hard to do and if you're like me, you sometimes reach a point where you just need to sew. I seem to get more sewing done after 11pm then at any other time....

01 February 2009

Sew and Stow

Just in case you were thinking the problem noted in my last post be with the seamstress rather than the pattern, I'll offer other evidence to the contrary (and selvedge my pride). Using the half apron pattern in the book Sew and Stow, I created an apron to wear during the Holiday Shoppe our elementary holds. Sandy Klopp fabrics---I love the fabrics she does based on rulers!
A fantastic pattern--excellent instructions---these patterns have obviously been field tested. I made only one mistake.---I used Wonder Under to fuse the light blue background fabric to a lining piece of the same fabric. It's a little stiff (you can the effect in the picture). I expect that it will soften with more use and a wash. I would only baste the fabrics together if I used the pattern again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

Cool apron! I have that book out from the library right now.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home