Sew Make Time!

This is oftentimes hard to do and if you're like me, you sometimes reach a point where you just need to sew. I seem to get more sewing done after 11pm then at any other time....

12 April 2009

I admit it. I cheated. Well sort of.

I've never constructed a coin quilt so the coin quilt piece along hosted by Orange Flower seemed a good incentive. I decided to call my first attempt a cheat by using a few Moda Jelly Rolls I had on hand. So, using one Moda Milk White Jelly Roll and one Tula Pink Nest Jelly Roll, I've pieced my first coin quilt.

A "cheat" coin quilt is easy to do. Just pair each patterned Jelly Roll strip and a plain colored (in this case Milk White) Jelly Roll strip with a 1/4 " seam. Press the seam to the patterned strip. Cut each strip pair into 6" segments. Take your large stack---mix them up---lay them out--shuffle until your happy---piece.

Next up----a "real" coin quilt using all the scraps that I didn't send to Christina in a more traditional form.

15 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Looks fabulous! I may never see scraps again... ;) I can't wait to see the next.

Your package should arrive by next Friday.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

This looks great! I so want to do a stacked coin quilt!!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Zonnah said...

Verry pretty!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Very cool. Love how you used the white and the color fabric.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Bunny said...

beautiful quilt.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Notjustnat said...

Lovely looking quilt. Thanks for sharing - Natima

7:39 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I've never done "jelly rolls". Got to give your idea a try out :)

9:03 AM  
Blogger Staci K. said...

Beautiful! I don't consider that cheating - the faster the better is my motto!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Serena said...

Great work! Very pretty!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Quilt Rat said...

What a terrific quilt, well done!

8:47 PM  
Blogger scrappy quilter said...

Awesome quilt. I love when scraps get used.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

Very cute cheat!

11:35 PM  
OpenID metrosupialdesigns said...

It looks wonderful. I'm from Midland too.

I know the Tallgrass Studio is seeking someone from Midland that sent some quilting blocks and forgot to put there name on them. Is it you?

12:38 PM  
Blogger stitchinpenny said...

I am getting ready to make a coin quilt as a baby quilt and the cheat method you described may help. I hope that my new coin quilt can look half as good as your beautiful quilt.

8:22 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

It is absolutely stunning!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home